Tuesday, September 30, 2014

{Here's to Surprises}

Ok, wow! I'm so excited. So sorry that I posted a teaser yesterday and then didn't do a blog post. When we got back to Cedar I kind of had a lot of homework I needed to do. I guess I should put school before blogging.... So I'll stop rambling.

First off, I'd like to take a second and just give everyone a heads up on the fundraiser. TODAY is the LAST day to enter for the drawing.( http://akstudiodesign.com/2014/08/garrett-chellcee-get-a-baby/ )I don't think I've said thank you enough. But really thank you. It's so touching and so wonderful to have so many people care. Not to mention this prize is pretty fantastic for whoever wins it! So share the news! We have also had a couple of other people approach us with some more fun ideas! So stay tuned for that!

Here's the latest:
Yesterday was our follow up appointment to the egg retrieval. Things went really great.                 Dr. Peterson had to check me to make sure my ovaries were going down in size and make sure my uterus was looking good for the next part of our cycle. Soooo... I have a cyst that's healing on my left ovary he said that's totally normal and will be just fine. So we have the green light to start the last part of our cycle!! Wawhoo!!

After he checked me he went over the results to the testing. We actually found out Friday last week the results but we wanted to confirm it with the doctor before sharing. So 2 out of the 5 are GOOD! 2 out of the 5 also carried Garrett's Marfan gene. And the last one he didn't really talk about. It had something to do with a development issue. SO we have 2 solid healthy viable embryos!! He said that those 2 were the best that developed out of all of them! As many of you may know, the sex of the embryo is already decided at this time and we were under the impression that we would be finding that out as well. The only issue was nobody could find the results. So our nurse, Jennilee called Natera (the lab) to figure out why we didn't have the results. Come to find out it costs extra to test for that! So we said no way! We don't want to pay for anything else and we're super happy it's going to be a surprise! It feels more like a normal pregnancy to do it this way too. So we're very excited about it.

Once we got done talking about the embryos we planned out the rest of our cycle! We have all the dates of when the next round of injections start and most importantly we also have the date of the transfer and the date of the pregnancy test. But that's it. That's all you guys get to know for now :) After this it's radio silence.Well... I'm going to try to be radio silent.
haha I really struggle with secrets and trying to surprise others. In fact I'm the worst at it. So I'm sure you could get it out of me eventually haha. But I'm going to do my best to keep quiet! Here's to fun surprises!!


1 comment: